My Mommy always plays Bob Marley. She says that it lifts her spirits.
My favorite song is “Get Up stand up“. In this song Bob is definitely calling me.
“Get up, Stand up” Bob tells me all the time and I do. I climb to my feet and hold on tightly to the sofa.
“Stand up for your rights” yeah give me my grapes and my biscuits.
“Get up, Stand up. Don’t give up the fight” If you don’t give me the grapes pronto I will scream my lungs out. You hear me Mommy? It’s my right.
“Get up! Stand up!” Yeah I am standing up right now…euh where is my walker?
My second favourite song by Bob Marley is “Exodus” but to fully appreciate it I will have to open the windows on my own at some point.
Note to Bob – thank you for your inspiration. I love you man.
- Alborosie – “BOB MARLEY is the King” (direcmood.wordpress.com)
- Ziggy on “definitive” Bob Marley documentary (cbsnews.com)
- Bob Marley Interview, NYC, June 1975 (midnightraverblog.com)
- remembering: BOB MARLEY (kingmelesha.wordpress.com)
- Bob Marley Documentary To Hit Theaters And Facebook On Same Day (newsroom.mtv.com)
- Bob Marley: In The Key Of Peace (New York Times 1978) (midnightraverblog.com)
- Marley: The Life, Music and Legacy of Bob Marley. (skoodmusic.com)